Privacy Compliance Challenges for Software Executives
April 29 @ 16:00 - 17:00 SASTFree
Compliance with Data Privacy legislation such as GDPR and POPIA is a long term process, and one that is ongoing and iterative.
It has its challenges in any organisation and industry, however there are some very particular nuances to software development companies and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers.
This online class aims at giving executives within these companies a direction of approach for some of the more complex issues faced by this industry.
In this class, I’ll discuss:
- Cyber and Technology Professional Indemnity (Tech PI) insurance
- Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs)
- The difficulties of “blanket” risk assessments
- Development and Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Data de-identification and the risks thereof
The class will be held on Zoom, the password to enter the room will be sent separately the day before the event.