March 11 @ 08:30 - 16:00 UTC+2R3450
A data breach can close a software company’s doors.
Information Officers and Data Protection Officers need to know their responsibilities, and they need this delivered in an understandable and relatable way. They need something practical, and they need something applicable.
As a software developer or SaaS vendor You’re potentially up against civil action, fines, forensics fees, compensation, downtime. All of these are possible consequences of a data breach right now – not to mention the fines from the pending POPIA legislation in South Africa and the already-implemented GDPR in Europe. Data Protection is much more than just Cyber Security, it involves Privacy, Legal Obligations, Public Opinion and immense Trust.
In this training course for Information Officers / Data Protection Officers, privacy specialist Ross Saunders will take you through the fundamentals and nuances of data privacy regulation, detailing the steps you need to take as a company to both strengthen your privacy position and comply with international legislation, without an overflow of legalese.
- Components of an effective Privacy Programme
- The principles of POPIA and conditions of GDPR
- The impact of global privacy trends and laws
- The anatomy of incidents and breaches and how easily they occur
- Incident Response and Business Continuity Plans
- Liability and Responsibility in Data Privacy legislation
- The policies and agreements you need to have in place
- How to effectively draw up your internal procedures
- Cyber and physical security
- Practical Quick Wins
- Leveraging software and technology for compliance
The training will take place on 11 March 2020 at City Lodge Waterfall City, from 8:30 – 16:00.
Uniquely positioned with a technical background (software development, networking and cyber security) as well as privacy, Ross has hands-on GDPR and POPIA compliance experience in a number of multinational software companies. Many Development/SaaS SMEs do not have the availability to assign a permanent resource to compliance efforts, as such having an external expert to coordinate ongoing training and compliance allows for business as usual while simultaneously educating staff on embedding the process internally. Ross has the technical know-how, the practical application experience, and the legal exposure to give a holistic, practical, and reasonable approach to compliance.