Ross G Saunders Consulting is expanding! We are looking for a talented graduate with a year or two’s experience to join the team full time, complementing and supporting outsourced consultants, clients, and partners.
What we do:
Ross G Saunders consulting is a niche consultancy dealing with data protection (privacy and information security) in smaller businesses and SMEs. We take the pain out of understanding four-letter-words like GDPR and POPI, while providing practical advice and smooth implementations. We also provide training to all levels of companies on what can (and does) go wrong in data protection.
What you will do:
The Data Protection Consultant role will assist in compiling and performing gap analysis reports when it comes to privacy, cyber security, physical security and business process. They will also be responsible for implementation of privacy programmes under the guidance of a principal consultant. They need to be flexible and dynamic as customer requirements change on a regular basis – thinking on your feet is critical! Key deliverables include:
- Gap analysis reports and recommendations
- Customer security audits
- Business process mapping and documenting Standard Operating Procedures
- Compiling Records of Processing Activities (ROPAs)
- Analysis and monitoring of security / privacy controls
- Implementation and support of compliance software
- Monitoring and support of DMARC / Email solutions
What you need to know:
- This role will be mostly remote, with some travel within Gauteng as required.
- If you don’t know what all of the acronyms in this spec are, that’s no problem! We will provide you with (loads of) training.
- The role may involve remote international work which may need to accommodate different timezones (particularly the Americas and Australasia), working hours will be adjusted in these cases to ensure fair work/life integration.
- We don’t believe in strict 8-5 working hours, we instead prefer to ensure that the work gets done on time. There may be some overtime requirements, but we are very flexible on working hours.
- Our work involves incredibly sensitive information, be aware that there we may perform criminal record and background checks.
- You will be required to complete certain certifications as part of the role, these certifications will include CPD and professional development requirements that must be maintained.
What you need to have:
- Excellent written communication skills in business English
- A bachelors degree or diploma in data, internal audit, IT audit, information systems (or similar)
- 1-2 years experience in any of the following disciplines
- Enterprise software deployment (multi-tier)
- Business process analysis
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Data analytics (such as ACL/Galvanize, IDEA, SQL or similar)
- DevOps / DevSecOps
- IT Audit
- Basic awareness of privacy laws (GDPR, POPIA, PIPEDA)
- Basic experience in IT support (servers and networking), or in IT security (endpoint protection, IAM, DLP or similar)
- A passion for learning and self-development
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
Bonus points if you:
- Speak, read and write French
- Hold a privacy certification from OneTrust or IAPP (or similar)
- Hold a cybersecurity certification such as CEH or Security+ (or similar)
- Have Linux and Mac experience
- Have software development, scripting, or coding experience
- Have industry specific privacy law experience (HIPAA, PHIPA)
- Have experience working with schools (primary and secondary)
- Have an interest or experience in training / public speaking
- Have an interest or experience in research and law
- Have AWS / Azure / Google Cloud experience
Submit your CV/Resume along with a cover letter in the form below.